Sunday, September 13, 2009

People

So I thought before I continued with my posting I should draft a quick list of the main people I will be referring to in case you get confused. I will update it as I go. The list is in alphabetical order by first name.

Alysious Fornah: Alysious teaches computer classes in Mayagba.

Agnes Bah: Agnes is the Gbonkolenken Coordinator and works with the Gbonkolenken chiefdom.

Carolyn van Gurp: Carolyn is a Canadian volunteer who now lives for most of the year in Mapaki, Sierra Leone working on peace education projects. Carolyn is currently in Canada but hopes to return to Mapaki soon.

Chief Kebombor Conteh: Chief Kebombor is the Paramount Chief of the Paki Masabong chiefdom, the head village of which is Mapaki. The chief lives in Mapaki, across the street from me.

Francis Massaqoui: Francis is the Financial Officer for cdpeace, and also acts as second in command when Thomas, cdpeace's Executive Director, is not available. Francis lives and works in Makeni.

Heidi Davis: Heidi is a volunteer working for cdpeace as the Fundraising Coordinator. She is from the US and has been in Sierra Leone for the last 6 months. She is planning to stay another year. Heidi lives and works most days in Makeni - the nearest big city.

Hetty van Gurp: President of Peaceful Schools International, who I am also representing here in Sierra Leone.

Kieran King (aka KK): KK lives with Heidi in Makeni. He works on a mental health program with CAFOD (Catholic Association for Development). He's been in Sierra Leone for almost a year.

Kouame Maxime: Kouame is also in Mapaki, he takes care of the guesthouse and library with Mabinty and is also in charge of maintaining the solar panel and internet connection here. He is also helping me out a lot - taking me to Makeni when needed, showing me around, helping me figure things out. Oh, and he is also the official cdpeace videographer & photographer.

Mabinty Kamara: Mabinty lives in Mapaki and is in charge of the library. She also takes excellent care of me at the Mapaki guesthouse.

Mark Fornah (Pa Fornah): Mark is cdpeace's Literacy Coordinator. He lives in Magboroka. He is also Mary's father.

Mary Turay: Mary and Thomas Turay (Thomas is known as TMT here in SL): Mary and TMT are the founders of cdpeace and the reason I am in Sierra Leone. They have lived in Canada for the last few years, which is how I know them. TMT is returning to Sierra Leone next month.. They have lived in Canada for the last few years, which is how I know them. TMT is returning to Sierra Leone next month.

MO: the Chief's driver.

Mohammed K. Kamara (MKK): MKK is the cdpeace Program Secretary and he also takes care of the cdpeace office and guesthouse in Mayagba.

Sally Conteh: Sally is cdpeace's Community Animator. She is also Chief Kebombor's wife. Sally lives in Mapaki, across the street from the guesthouse.

Sheka: the cdpeace driver.

Thomas Conteh: Thomas is Francis Massaqoui's assistant and helps with cdpeace finances.

Thomas Turay (TMT): TMT, along with his wife, Mary, is one of the founders of cdpeace and the reason I am in Sierra Leone. TMT and Mary have lived in Canada for the last few years, which is how I know them. TMT is returning to Sierra Leone next month.

No comments: